Monday, December 11, 2006

Of Bulls, Cows, 'Makad's and Gahzals

Haven’t blogged anything remotely eclectic or esoteric in a while. Why is that? Is nothing happening that’s worth making a wisecrack over? Possibly. Or, I must be getting jaded at poking fun at people and things. Need to focus on making fun of me for a change.

Hmm… that should be easy: Stupid loser can’t figure out what he wants in life, still! Whoa! Hold that thought; not so fast! I know what I want. It’s just that I don’t get it. No siree-bob (Yikes! That expression must have gone out with the Boers… and no sir, I don’t mean maybe…).

So. Why don’t I get what I want? Is it that I want too much? Probably.

S says, in her inimitable Marathi ishtyle, that I want “आखुडशिंगी बहुदुधी” (Akhud-shingi bahu-dudhi). Meaning: I want a cow with little horns and lot’s of milk. Till date, this bull has managed to agree only so far as the cow. I don’t much care for horns and am ambivalent about the milk, unless you are planning to get down to defining that in terms of cups… now if that isn’t taking the bull by the horns, I don’t know what is ;)

Long and short of it: one will worry about horns and cups later. Where be cow?

And, if indeed there be cow in the future, could I handle it? S’pose that turns out to be “माकडाच्या हाती कोलित” (Makdachya haati kolit)? (If you don’t speak Marathi, I shall now have the perverse pleasure of having you find out what that means… Heo phon! [translation: Have fun!] :D)

Oh! And in the offchance that you are my शायर की ग़ज़ल (shyaar ki gahzal), and are reading this, can you please let me know आप कहीं [तो] मिलोगी (aap kahin [toh] milogi)?

Thank you!

[All posts ©opyright of the author. Syndication rights reserved.]
Image ©opyright Niladri Roy.

No comments: